UCSB Physics Storeroom
The Department has reopened the Physics Storeroom with new measures to promote social distancing and protect the health of all members of our physics community.
· Open Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
· Card Access only. Door will remain locked at all times.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Access may be limited to a select number of members for each lab in order to reduce the overall traffic in the storeroom. All users must follow the requirements below. Failure to do so may result in removal of access.
· Only 1 person is allowed in the storeroom at a time. Please check before entering.
· Face masks are REQUIRED at all times in the Storeroom.
· Log your entry to the Storeroom using BOTH of the following systems:
o Broida Hall Access Log: http://web.physics.ucsb.edu/~forms/broidaaccess.html.
o UCSB Building Access Monitor QR Code – Available on the app store with Apple and Android
· Disinfect common touch points as you leave. Cleaner and paper towels should be available on the checkout counter. If these are running low then email email@example.com.
· The Storeroom checkout computer is active. You should be able to check out as normal. You may need to wake up/turn on the monitor for it to respond.
The Physics Storeroom stocks a wide variety of items to help the Research, Academic, and Administrative community on campus. With a wide selection of office equipment, electronic components, laboratory supplies, hardware and computer accessories, the Physics Storeroom is your all-in-one shopping location!
Location and Time
The Physics Storeroom is located at Broida 1301, Building 572.
Here’s a list of common questions the Physics Storeroom receives. If you don’t see the answer to your questions here, feel free to contact Dan Stack, 805-893-2540 x3, Storeroom/Purchasing Manager for more information.
Who can purchase items from the Storeroom?
The Physics Storeroom serves the entire UCSB Campus. Any authorized person with a Physics Recharge Code can purchase items in the storeroom. In order to obtain a Physics Recharge Code, please contact your Accounting Department.
Can I pay for Storeroom items with cash?
Unfortunately, no cash transactions take place in the storeroom. All purchases must be made through recharge codes.
What is a recharge code?
A recharge code is simply a code connected to a grant or other university funding source. When you purchase an item with the code, the funding source is billed from the storeroom.
Can I use my Chemistry or Biology Storeroom recharge code in the Physics Storeroom?
Each Department uses their own unique recharge codes. If you do not know your Physics recharge code then contact your accounting department for help.
I’d like to purchase an item through the storeroom that isn’t currently on your inventory. Will you stock it for me?
We are always open to suggestions to improve the inventory of the storeroom. We have limited space for stock, but we are happy to carry items that will benefit a large number of users. If you have an idea for some helpful items to stock please let us know.