UCSB transitioned to Concur for expense reimbursement processing on February 1, 2022. All requests for travel and business meeting reimbursements must be submitted via Concur by a UCSB Employee.
Enter your UCSB e-mail address and click “Next” on the landing page. You will be re-directed to “Sign in with UC Santa Barbara SSO”.
Non-UCSB Employees: If you are not an employee in the UCPath System, your reimbursement will need to be processed by your host as a “Guest” in the Concur system.
Adds Physics Preparer Delegates:
Note: A Preparer Delegate will be assigned to verify the Requestor's work. If minor corrections are required, a Preparer Delegate may make them for the Requestor.
- Debbie Ceder (firstname.lastname@example.org) - General Physics
- Individual faculty member hosting visitor - Non employee and non-student visitor reimbursements
- Jennifer Farrar (email@example.com) - Non-employee grad student and prospective grad student reimbursements
Inputs reimbursement request
Emails Preparer Delegate to review reimbursement request/report.
Submits request when Preparer Delegate verifies request/report.
- Advisor / Supervisor
- Reviews and approves request
- Physics Department Expense Approver
Receives and reviews the reimbursement request.
Note: Reimbursement is forwarded to Business and Financial Services (BFS) for payment processing. For split-funded reimbursements, request is forwarded to administering department(s) for additional funding sources prior to BFS.
- Prior Approval / Travel Advance
Prior approval is recommended, but not required, for each trip.
You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. You must create a new Request within Concur, upload original receipts and specifically request a cash advance within 30 days prior to a trip. Notify your Preparer Delegate that you have created the Request prior to submission. Please allow for processing time.
- Common Coding Info (Sub Accounts)
Sub 3: Travel, Entertainment and Business Expense
Any travel on department funding and all entertainment or business expenses regardless of fund source.
Sub 3: Purchase Reimbursements
Reminder: All purchases should be made via Gateway to the greatest extent possible.
Sub 4: Fabrication
Purchases for any item used in a fabrication.
Sub 5: All Travel Reimbursements on extramural funding
- Maximum Daily Reimbursement Rates
For travel within the Continental United States, the daily maximum reimbursement rates are:
- $79.00 for meals and incidentals (this is not a per diem, but a daily maximum cap which cannot be exceeded - policy provides for ACTUAL costs of meals up tot $79/day)
- $275.00/night for lodging
Allowable exceptions to the maximum lodging reimbursement maximums may be submitted via the Lodging Limit Justification Form.
- Required Receipts
Receipts for all expenses for which you seek reimbursement are required including, but not limited to:
• Airline Passenger Receipts**
• Rental car receipts, rail ticket stubs, bus tickets
• Local transportation receipts
• Receipts for miscellaneous expenses (supplies)
• Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
• Conference Registration Receipts
• Membership reimbursements must include a Membership Form for Concur.
**U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds.
Additional details and required receipt information may be found on the Common Types of Supporting Documentation.
- Submitting a Request for a Guest
Reimbursements for non-UCSB Employees (not in UCPath) must be processed by a host as a “Guest” in the Concur system.
To begin the process, submit a ticket via Service Now:
- Select "Concur"
- Select "Request a New Guest Traveler"
Concur Reimbursement Portal